Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the maintenance department by assisting in the
troubleshooting of equipment issues, which includes troubleshooting
PLC ladder logic and data handling functions in Control Logix
- Maintain PLC documentation upon receipt from equipment
suppliers and an archive of PLC programs and machine controls
drawings in an electronic and/or paper format and throughout
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair and improve automated equipment
including devices, I/O, instruments and all other components
associate with automated processes to meet production and safety
- Support various I/O devices connected to PLC's including HMI's,
scanners, remote I/O, sensors, relays, solenoids, servo drives,
etc., and support/assist maintenance personnel in troubleshooting
- Improve equipment uptime and contribute to Plant reliability
- Schedule and complete backups of all electronic machine control
and robotic programs on set schedule and develop and maintain
Preventive Maintenance Programs.
- Ability to diagnose problems with hydraulic, pneumatic and
mechanical systems interfacing with electrical and electronic
- Applies knowledge of electronic and instrumentation principles
to determine equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring
equipment to operation.
- Implement and maintain data collection system from Plant floor
- Identify and implement error-proofing requirements throughout
the production process.
- Part of multi-disciplinary Plant Team to determine continuous
- Identify and plan for process impact(s) as a result of
engineering and launch changes.
- Participate in 8D or similar root-cause based problem solving
tasks to ensure that abnormalities, when observed, are acted upon
to resolve root-causes.
- Contribute to specifications for equipment purchases, which
include review and commentary on equipment controls drawings prior
to build approval.
- Complete all required and applicable training required by
Adient and its customers.
Education / Experience / Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in electrical
engineering or related field
- Previous experience working as a Controls Engineer in a
- Experience using Allen Bradley's RS Logix 5000, ControlLogix
and PanelView development software is a must.
Battle Creek Seating Component
Keywords: Adient, Battle Creek , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!