Mechanical Project Engineer
Company: WestRock Company
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: August 2, 2022
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide
differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in
the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers
around the world from more than 350 operating and business
locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and
Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
- The Mechanical Project Engineer coordinates the planning,
organizing, and completion of engineering projects with area of
- Working within an engineering process to define and participate
in the development of projects to implement or improve
manufacturing efficiency and/or general process improvements and
initiatives. This includes providing technical direction,
assistance and engineered problem solutions to maintenance and
- Manages all phases of capital and expense projects from
inception through final project.
- Supports mill goals for safety, environmental and other
- Outlines project requirements, assigns tasks, and supervises
progress to ensure that project objectives are being met.
How You Will Impact WestRock
- Manage multiple capital and maintenance projects, including
planning, design, documenting, budgeting, and implementation.
- Manages ongoing facilities infrastructure maintenance
- Assist in the attainment of mill goals by serving on special
teams or supplying teams with necessary technical support and
responds to field questions
- Ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of
the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
information in various forms, and deal with several abstract and/or
concrete variables simultaneously.
- Ability to assess situations based on facts and quickly reacts
to provide direction to employees involved. Assists with
troubleshooting and fixing plant problems.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and summarize information
and written materials. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence and documents.
What You Need To Succeed
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree with 2-4 years of
industrial work experience, or equivalent combination of education
- Coordinates and supervises work with outside contractors on
various sized maintenance-related projects. Maintain projects on
budget and on schedule.
- Learn and understand maintenance/plant operations. Makes
recommendations for training, improved procedures, manpower
requirements and selection.
- Must be able to generate drawings, specifications, and
instructions necessary to convey project requirements to
- Dedication to ensuring a safe work environment, ensuring
inherent process safety is adhered to on all project designs and
ensuring all projects receive adequate hazard reviews prior to
installation, and managing project safety.
- Solid ability to organize and plan and work independently with
- Ability to maintain a balance of work priorities and complete
assignments within established timeframes is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding
- Ability to work independently and interact collaboratively as
part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw valid
- Strong oral and written communication skills including ability
to present information in a clear and concise manner to staff and
employees at all levels.
- Strong leadership ability along with high ethical standards -
uncompromising on worker safety and regulatory compliance
What We Offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability,
Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements
of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/
Keywords: plant engineer, project engineer, mechanical project
engineer, maintenance engineer, project management, capital
projects, capital equipment, capital upgrades, capital planning,
mechanical engineer, mechanical engineering, electrical
engineering, process equipment, scheduling, cost, budget, approval,
approvals, project execution, capital management, JDE, Excel, ms
project, Microsoft project, strategic planning, capital
investments, reporting, equipment upgrades, boilers, pressure
vessels, winder, process improvement, paper, pulp, containerboard,
linerboard, paperboard, paperboard, boxboard, kraft board, sbs,
sbb, corrugated medium, liner, linerboard, recycle board, recycled
Keywords: WestRock Company, Battle Creek , Mechanical Project Engineer, Engineering , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!