Mechanical Engineer III
Company: MERRILL Technologies Group
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Do you have an engineering-focused mind? Love to drive results?
Join our team as a Mechanical Engineer III at Merrill Technologies
Group. As a Mechanical Engineer III you are responsible for
designing, detailing, and checking systems for special equipment
used for assembly, testing and material removal.
APPLY NOW - TEXT "HireMe" to 57682
- Installation support and start up at the customer's
- Field service and debug will be required.
- Research, plan, and design mechanical and electromechanical
products and systems.
- Direct and coordinate activities involved in fabrication,
operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or
electromechanical products and systems.
- Troubleshoot mechanical designs, assemblies, and component
problems and implement corrective measures.
- May be involved with developing changes to plans and/or
- Interpret policies and requirements in terms of established
- Provide recommendations for improvements in order to meet
- Work with the proposal group to develop concepts for future
- Provide input on time required and component pricing for
- Serve as a technical advisor to the proposal group on the
feasibility of the controls aspect of the design.
- Suggest alternatives to improve concepts and processes.
- May be asked to train lower level Mechanical Engineers.
- Responsible for adhering to project budget and working within
- Define objectives and interpret policies and objectives
established by senior management and determine their effect on data
and development requirements. Independently plan, design, and carry
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or
equivalent experience in the field and knowledge of machines and
- Seven (7) years of experience in related field and working
knowledge of solid modeling software.
- Must have a basic understanding of control and fluid power
- Ability to perform structural calculations.
- Rudimentary knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Good knowledge of appropriate references to find answers.
- Proficiency in company software (Encompix, AutoCAD,
- The ability to work with well with people and independently,
problem solver, organized, good written and verbal skills, strong
attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience working with machines, selecting components,
analyzing fit form and function preferred.
PM21ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: MERRILL Technologies Group, Inc.
consists of nearly 700,000 square foot of manufacturing floor space
that has the capability to deliver innovative manufacturing
solutions to Aviation, Defense, Heavy Equipment, Energy, Robotics
and Machine Tool industries. Diverse capabilities allow MERRILL to
be a single source manufacturer, of complex fabrications, precision
machining of components and assemblies, mission-critical aviation
and defense equipment, special purpose manufacturing systems,
utilizing innovative engineering comprehensive project
Why Join Our Team? We put 'precision' in manufacturing. Be part of
a performance you can measure. Advance your career in a company
that has Trusted Quality, Price and Delivery. With competitive pay
and benefits, MERRILL is a leading company to become an Employer of
Choice for our team members.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health & Flexible Spending Account
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation & Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with Employer MatchFULL-TIME/PART-TIME:
Full-TimeHOURS: 40+ hours as needed to meet obligations and
deadlines. Hourly position.SHIFT: DaysTRAVEL: MinimalLOCATION: MI,
SaginawEOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.
ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All
positions require use of information which is subject to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). If hired, you
will be required to complete the federal Form I-9, Employment
Eligibility Verification. You will be required to present
acceptable, original documents to prove your identity and
authorization to work. You must present acceptable, original
documents no later than the third work day, or you will not be
employed by Merrill Technologies Group.
Merrill Technologies Group uses E-Verify to check the work
authorization of all new hires effective June 2016.LOCATION:
Florence Street PI129942916
Keywords: MERRILL Technologies Group, Battle Creek , Mechanical Engineer III, Engineering , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!