Secondary English Teacher
Company: Battle Creek Public Schools
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: September 18, 2022
- Position Type:
Middle School Teaching/ Language Arts
- Date Posted:
Northwestern Middle School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Battle Creek Public Schools - website
Position: 2022-23 Secondary English Teacher
Location: Northwestern Middle School
Reports to: Building Principal
Salary: $40,170 - $71,946 (current 2022-2023 Pay Scale)
- Michigan Department of Education Teaching Certificate with
endorsement in English (BA or BX 6-12)
- Documented proof of ability to meet requirements for teaching
in a secondary English classroom as defined by the ESSA Act is
Job Goals: To help students learn subject matter and skills that
will contribute to their development as mature, able and
responsible men and women.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the location and at the
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the
individual needs, interests and abilities of the students enabling
each child the opportunity to reach his/her maximum level of
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students and
provides a learning climate for the students.
- To assume the responsibility for the safety, conduct and health
of the students under his/her supervision. To see that the physical
upkeep of the classroom and equipment is maintained.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of
curriculum goals and ---- in harmony with the goals ----
establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and
the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional
media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location
provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or
student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's
philosophy of education and instructional goals and
- To maintain communications with parents concerning their
child's progress and the school's programs.
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct record as required by
law, district policy and administrative regulations and make those
reports as required by the school district.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or
rules governing students life and conduct, and for the classroom,
develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure and
maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for
educational related purposes outside the instructional day when
required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- To prepare adequate plans and materials for a substitute.
- Facilitating small group instruction to meet student needs
- Progress monitor daily, monthly, and quarterly
- Goal setting with students
- Utilizing strong classroom management and organizational
- Other duties as assigned by principal
SCHOOL SAFETY CLEARANCE: The successful candidate will be subject
to a fingerprint and background check as a condition of employment.
All fees required for this check (estimated $73.00) will be the
responsibility of the successful applicant.
The Battle Creek Public School District is an equal opportunity
employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or
marital status in its employment practices.
Keywords: Battle Creek Public Schools, Battle Creek , Secondary English Teacher, Education / Teaching , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!