Company: St. Mark
Location: Battle Creek
Posted on: July 30, 2022
About usWe are seeking an experienced and innovative Financial
Director for St. Mark Lutheran Church and Our World for Children
(OWC) in Battle Creek, MI.St. Mark Lutheran Church passionately
shares the grace and truth of Jesus in Battle Creek, MI. We are a
collaborative and dedicated team with a flexible working
environment.Our World for Children is a partner ministry of St.
Mark, providing exceptional care for over 200 children, aged 6
weeks-Junior Kindergarten, to help families to form a firm faith
foundation for their children.The ideal candidate will have
knowledge and experience in organizational financial management, a
proactive leadership style, a collaborative spirit, and a
dedication to the overall mission, vision, and values of St. Mark
and Our World for Children.QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have the following
- a sincere Christian faith & lifestyle.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration OR 10 years of
working experience equivalent.
- Five to ten years of experience in finance management.
- Ability to budget time and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with computers and financial management software
- Desire to work as part of a team.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Professional approach and high ethical demeanor.LEADERSHIP
- Support the values, vision, and mission of St. Mark and the
leadership of the Senior Pastor.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Senior Pastor regarding
the vision of St. Mark and any future projects, especially with
regard to facility improvements or expansion, additional staffing,
or major program development.
- Recruit, resource, and oversee volunteers who will assist with
the financial health and operations of St. Mark and OWC.
- Serve as a member on any finance team formed by the
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the St. Mark
The Finance Director is responsible for the following tasks. While
some of these tasks can be accomplished with the support of
approved volunteers, the responsibility for oversight and
completion belongs to the Finance Director.ACCOUNTING
- Assure that all obligations are paid and recorded
- Complete monthly financial summaries and analysis and present
results to the Senior Pastor, Budget Owners, any finance teams, and
the St. Mark Council.
- Consistently review expenses and upcoming contract obligations
to ensure that the best possible rates are in place. This includes
obtaining additional proposals and negotiating with the vendors as
- Assure that the appropriate financial policies and procedures
are optimized and properly followed.
- Assist the staff of St. Mark and OWC to operate within the
annual budget. (This could include directing spending to stop in
cases of financial shortfall, or advising additional spending in
times of financial excess.)
- Ensure that proper accounting procedures are implemented and
followed by all staff members, volunteers, and ministry teams.
- Record income from all entities and fundraising initiatives
(either at St. Mark, Our World for Children.)
- Accumulate hours and prepare payroll for processing by the
- Ensure distribution of electronic or hard copy paychecks to
- Prepare applications for credit and loans for operational and
capital expenses with the approval of the St. Mark Council or at
the direction of the St. Mark Voters Assembly.
- Accurately record any income generating grants, matching
programs, fundraisers or capital campaigns.HUMAN RESOURCES
- Serve as the point person for information concerning staff
member payroll and benefits.STEWARDSHIP
- Work with Senior Pastor to implement giving systems and
strategies for the congregation.BUDGETING
- Oversee the formulation of the St. Mark and OWC annual budget
in cooperation with the Senior Pastor, Budget Owners, Staff,
Treasurer and St. Mark Council.
- Working with the Senior Pastor, Budget Owners and Treasurer,
prepare the annual budget for review by any finance teams and the
approval by the St. Mark Council and Annual Voters
- Maintain relationships with financial institutions, insurance
agents, and investment counselors for the purpose of fund
management and asset protection.
- Examine operating costs, income, and expenditures of all
entities on a monthly basis.
- Report any irregularities to the Senior Pastor, Treasurer,
appropriate finance teams, Budget Owners, and the St. Mark
- Oversee a self-review of our financial policies and procedures
Keywords: St. Mark, Battle Creek , Finance Director, Accounting, Auditing , Battle Creek, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!